As soon as I arrived in the Indies, on the first Island which I found, I took some of the natives by force in order that they might learn and might give me information of whatever there is in these parts.
… They do not bear arms, and do not know them, for I showed them a sword, they took it by the edge and cut themselves out of ignorance. They have no iron. Their spears are made of cane… . They would make fine servants…. With fifty men we could subjugate them all and make them do whatever we want.
|—||Christopher Columbus, Captain’s Log, 1492 (Howard Zinn, “People’s History of the United States”)|
- w-u-t-a-n-g reblogged this from socialismartnature
- bookstorevixen reblogged this from youdontlooklikeafeminist
- cyrusbieber2012 likes this
- ourskinwillneverage reblogged this from honorrolltooutofcontrol
- honorrolltooutofcontrol reblogged this from teenage--scream
- sregorsixela reblogged this from socialismartnature
- mu0n likes this
- eclecticbanana reblogged this from gothicfeverdream
- This was featured in #Politics