Oh, hell yes. Not only does this cop get a taste of his own medicine — being detained by an elderly black woman he had been abusing — but then this same woman goes on to get a settlement pay-out from the city for her troubles.
To me, a social revolution would essentially consist of people all over the country conducting such “citizens arrests” against all of the police, and detaining them until such time as they were deemed to no longer pose a threat to society.
An elderly woman got the last word after locking a police officer in her basement, and later suing the police.
Venus Green, who was 87 when she was handcuffed, roughed up and injured by police, will receive $95,000 as part of a settlement with Baltimore City. The city chose to settle the case instead of taking a chance in front of a jury.
In July 2009, Green’s grandson, Tallie, was shot and wounded. Tallie said he was shot at a convenience store, but police insisted it happened inside Green’s house and that the shooter was either Tallie or Green.
"Police kept questioning him. They wouldn’t let the ambulance attendant treat him," Green said. "So, I got up and said, ‘Sir, would you please let the attendants treat him? He’s in pain,’" Green said.
Police wanted to go the basement, where Tallie lived, but Green refused on the basis that the police did not have a warrant.
"I said, ‘No, you don’t have a warrant. You don’t go down in my house like that. He wasn’t shot in here.’"
A struggle ensued between a male officer and Green.
"He dragged me, threw me across the chair, put handcuffs on me and just started calling me the ‘b’ name. He ridiculed me," Green said.
An officer went into the basement and Green locked him inside …
- samgagmee likes this
- thegreatfiction likes this
- yooluhvie reblogged this from ramadannudes
- clericalrose reblogged this from usaynappylikeitsabadthing
- contravenus likes this
- mseaster likes this
- williamleco reblogged this from tellyourchildren
- loveyourchaos likes this
- rraspberrybeer likes this
- rootlessssss likes this
- wanderlustandtethers likes this
- celestial-siren likes this
- thefallingtower reblogged this from transascendant
- thefallingtower likes this
- mashkwi likes this
- fictionincarnate reblogged this from transascendant
- tellyourchildren likes this
- awrcampbell likes this
- badelectricity reblogged this from transascendant and added:
- abloodymess likes this
- transascendant reblogged this from momdiggity and added:
- meteloides reblogged this from lovingyouisredforyou
- lovingyouisredforyou reblogged this from momdiggity
- aeronthequeerace reblogged this from momdiggity
- worthless-art reblogged this from momdiggity
- worthless-art likes this
- momdiggity reblogged this from viviandemilo
- 1uppitynegress likes this
- c-ology likes this
- beowulfstits-archive likes this
- rnegidolaon likes this
- lasthenia likes this
- squ33ble reblogged this from viviandemilo
- feedthewriter likes this
- infernalys likes this
- theterriblefriendzone reblogged this from viviandemilo
- rebeccaartemisa likes this
- sluteatingtree likes this
- borderlinebatshit reblogged this from viviandemilo
- hungerfaerie likes this
- industrialkawaii likes this
- viviandemilo reblogged this from trabantntreasure and added:
- knightofarboria reblogged this from hipsterlibertarian and added:
- beefcube reblogged this from stfuconservatives
- viomatic reblogged this from truth-has-a-liberal-bias
- dea-thgrips reblogged this from mckeegles
- holdontoworry likes this
- keyshia2u likes this