Obamacare becomes more and more of a disaster nearly every month.
The Obama admin is announcing a 1-year delay on its requirement that large employers must provide health care to their employees by 2014. The stated reason? In order to please big business until after the 2014 elections.
Yet, while big business is getting a 1-year break, America’s workers aren’t so lucky, as there will be no delay in the federal mandate requiring them to buy insurance on the private market or else face a hefty fine.
Once again, when the chips go down, the Democrats put big business first and workers last.
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama’s health care law, hailed as his most significant legislative achievement, seems to be losing much of its sweep.
On Tuesday, the administration unexpectedly announced a one-year delay, until after the 2014 elections, in a central requirement of the law that medium and large companies provide coverage for their workers or face fines.
… Business groups were jubilant. “A pleasant surprise,” said Randy Johnson, senior vice president of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. There was no inkling in advance of the administration’s action, he said.
"We commend the administration’s wise move," said Neil Trautwein, a vice president of the National Retail Federation. It "will provide employers and businesses more time to update their health care coverage without threat of arbitrary punishment."
But the delay could also whittle away at the law’s main goal of covering the nearly 50 million Americans without health insurance.
- outfromoutwhere likes this
- collaterlysisters reblogged this from inkdefense
- sonofwarandwisdom reblogged this from seriouslyamerica
- iamanoun likes this
- youcankissmysass likes this
- puppetmouthe likes this
- scaryliberal reblogged this from fortheloveofgop
- fortheloveofgop reblogged this from seriouslyamerica
- nietzscheisdead likes this
- clairelaferret likes this
- becauseforoncethisisme likes this
- poplitealfossa likes this
- guavaprince likes this
- guavaprince reblogged this from seriouslyamerica
- fractionalrabbits likes this
- lollipoopdick likes this
- ca-thar-si-s likes this
- skipplayrepeat reblogged this from seriouslyamerica
- blazerrazor reblogged this from inkdefense
- claudevorilhon reblogged this from inkdefense
- readerwriterthinker reblogged this from seriouslyamerica
- thefemcritique likes this
- mquester reblogged this from seriouslyamerica
- weejit reblogged this from seriouslyamerica
- frenchshrimp reblogged this from seriouslyamerica and added:
- loungejulius reblogged this from seriouslyamerica
- vampiresupersnatch reblogged this from seriouslyamerica
- vampiresupersnatch likes this
- ashjaygrass reblogged this from seriouslyamerica
- lit3rary reblogged this from seriouslyamerica
- inkdefense reblogged this from emilyafter
- inkdefense likes this
- caoilifhinn likes this
- sonofwarandwisdom likes this
- emilyafter reblogged this from seriouslyamerica
- caffeinatednightowl reblogged this from seriouslyamerica
- seriouslyamerica reblogged this from socialismartnature
- imatyou likes this
- iggymogo likes this
- milonino likes this
- olivialaurenhicks likes this
- driftinglikepollen likes this
- dizzydezzi likes this
- deniselle reblogged this from jessiwantsabreak
- an-era likes this
- mondarax reblogged this from sarahmascarah
- mondarax likes this
- chanelliee reblogged this from knowledgeequalsblackpower and added:
- evergreenalex likes this