University President Drew G. Faust wrote in an email to Divest Harvard that she was disappointed in the way that the group, which calls for Harvard’s divestment from fossil fuel companies, presented a recent comment she made regarding the oil industry’s influence.
Last month, Alli J. Welton ‘15, the Student Outreach Co-Chair of Divest Harvard, approached Faust while on a walk in Harvard Yard to confront her about the University’s stance on fossil fuel divestment.
During the encounter, which was videotaped and posted on Vimeo, Welton asked who would take on the issue of climate change if Harvard would not, to which Faust responded that Harvard aids in the transition to renewable resources through academic discoveries.
In a moment that has since garnered attention beyond Harvard’s campus, Welton claimed that the fossil fuel industry prevents the implementation of these discoveries, after which Faust said, “That is not the case.”
- gennell likes this
- navigatethestream reblogged this from socialismartnature
- oncemoreintothevoid likes this
- dannydavistc likes this
- kschmieds likes this
- bronzeulfhednar likes this
- exceptance2016 likes this
- radioblueheart reblogged this from socialismartnature
- radioblueheart likes this
- gowithout likes this
- mrorange1 likes this
- fruta-fresca likes this
- youdontneedtofollowme reblogged this from socialismartnature
- sherly-fucking-nomates likes this
- rentango likes this
- oatmealc00kiez likes this
- fictionandneuroscience likes this